5:16 Club
April 16, 2024, 12:52:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

4/30 - Okay gals, let's talk...

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 4/30 - Okay gals, let's talk...  (Read 1303 times)
sarahmae
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: April 30, 2009, 07:12:07 am »

How is everyone's quiet times going?  How about getting up early?  How about just finding time to spend time with God each day?

Are you liking studying Habakkuk? 

I am tired.  I love the book of Habakkuk, but I think next go-round we should all pick a book together (to buy) that comes with discussion questions - what do you think?
Report Spam   Logged

"I don't claim to have found the truth but I know it has found me."  Sara Groves

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

AmyS

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 12:17:36 am »

The past couple weeks have been tough for me.  My time with God (in the Word) hasn't been as consistent as it needs to be.  It's so frustrating too because I can totally tell the days I don't seek Him.  Man, they are tough.  I love the book of Habakkuk but I agree that we need to do something that has pre-written questions next go-around.  A book would be fun.  The last thing this is supposed to be is stressful for you or anyone else, Sarah. 

How does everyone else feel?  Is anyone out there;) ?
Report Spam   Logged
Jacquie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 09:12:07 am »

I feel so bad that I am replying a whole week later, but I haven't been available this past week.  I am currently doing a Bible study on the Patriarchs with Beth Moore and am learning so much.  My husband and I are also for the first time trying to be disciplined by following a Read-the-Bible-in-a-Year schedule.  I really do love this, not to just say that I have read the whole Bible, but because it really does help to discipline me and arrange my priorities so this is habit forming.  I love studying God's Word with anyone who wishes to discuss it and grow.  I love things that are deep and are even somewhat overwhelming to my little "self".  I would love to participate in a book review with you and would like to make a suggestion that I am so excited about.  Sarah Mae - I think this is right up your ally with the discussions you have been having recently about losing yourself.  Here is the scoop.  Please let me know what you think.  I hope I am not being too forward here - it really is a suggestion I wanted to share because my heart feels so excited about it.  I am very open to anything you would have in mind.  (I just copied and pasted this from my blog that I am just developing, hence the way this is worded.)...

When was the last time you formally declared to God, ‘I will do your bidding no matter what it costs me or where you lead me?’ ”

I have to share this inspirational, life changing and life-giving book with you.  It is called The Hole in Our Gospel, written by Richard Stearns.  Here is a very brief summary:

This is a story of how a CEO faced his own struggle to obey God, whatever the cost, and his passionate call for Christians to change the world by actively living out their faith. Believing that the "good news" is more than a private transaction between God and us, Stearns challenges readers with this question: What does God expect of us? Two thousand years ago, twelve people changed the world. Stearns believes it can happen again.

Please visit www.theholeinourgospel.com for more information.  Make sure you watch the interview posted with Bill Hybels and Richard Stearn.  There is also a free study guide you can download.  I also highly recommend visiting Richard’s Blog.  I am excited to share this journey with him and hope you will join us!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
Free SMF Hosting - Create your own Forum