5:16 Club
March 28, 2024, 04:20:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

pray for my mom's best friend

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: pray for my mom's best friend  (Read 977 times)
sugarmommy

View Profile WWW
« on: January 03, 2009, 10:55:21 pm »

My parents will be traveling to Arkansas later this week to say good-bye to my mom's best friend, Mildred. She is dying of cancer. She is at home with her family and Hospice is caring for her needs. She is a believer, but is worried about her family that she is leaving behind: her husband, Sam, her daughter and 2 sons, and all of their families. Pray for a peace over all of them, that they all are able to say their good-byes, and that they rest in the hope of her and their eternal salvation, which ensures that we will all see her again one day in Glory.

Pray for my mother to continue to be a source of strength for Mildred and her family, and pray that the Lord would supply that strength to my mother as well. I would imagine that this will hit her hard later, like when she reaches for the phone to call and tell Mildred something funny, but she can't.

Pray for travel safety for my parents and the rest of Mildred's family as they journey to bid farwell.

Thank you!
Report Spam   Logged

SugarMommy

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

BethF

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 09:56:15 am »

I am so sorry that these families are going through this! I lost a friend to cancer in November. It was so awful to see it physically killing her. She was a single mom and left behind her 23 year old daughter and 9 year old son. It was very sad, but she was also a believer and there was rejoicing in that she has stopped suffering. Again, I am very sorry!!! I will be praying for everyone affected! (My mom's best friend is a Mildred too Smiley ).

Report Spam   Logged

~BethF
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
Free SMF Hosting - Create your own Forum