5:16 Club
March 28, 2024, 02:35:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

What are you reading?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you reading?  (Read 1341 times)
JavaMama

I am one abundantly blessed wife and mother

View Profile WWW
« on: May 19, 2009, 06:53:28 am »

I was just curious as to what everyone is reading right now in their bible. I am currently trying to personally know Jesus and so decided to read through the gospel of John. I just finished chapter 16 and this morning I read one of my favorite passages: "In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world." 16:33. Also slowly in a weekly bible study going through Acts.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

"Give me the love that leads the way, The faith that nothing can dismay, The hope no disappointments tire, The passion that will burn like fire, Let me not sink to be a clod: Make me Thy fuel, Flame of God." Amy Carmichael

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

sarahmae
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 12:27:03 pm »

You know, great question!  I have not been reading directly from mine...been doing devotionals, other books...NEED to just open up the word and drink it in...

Report Spam   Logged

"I don't claim to have found the truth but I know it has found me."  Sara Groves
Christin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 02:45:21 pm »

I've been digging into the Old Testament, trying to understand better the heart of God. Right now I'm in 1 Samuel. There are many books in the OT I've never read. Sad but true Sad
Report Spam   Logged

~Christin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
Free SMF Hosting - Create your own Forum