5:16 Club
April 18, 2024, 07:54:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

please share some real practical options

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: please share some real practical options  (Read 1182 times)
ilovemyfamily

View Profile
« on: August 27, 2009, 03:27:57 pm »

Does anyone have any real practical options for getting up early?  I'm not even talking E-A-R-L-Y [IYKWIM  Wink Wink ] but earlier than one usually gets up.  I know that I want to get up to have my quiet time and that can be the catalyst that works for some people but unfortunately not for me.  I am struggling in my faith and desire to grow but I'm not there where the only thing that stirs me is the desire, KWIM? 

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

CoffeeMom

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 06:01:29 am »

Honestly, I'm a morning person.  BUT, this summer - due to my husband's schedule, getting up at 4 or 5 am became a norm - but it took some practice!

1. Set your alarm for the time you want to get up.  It takes awhile to adjust, but your body can begin anticipating the alarm sound and getting up earlier isn't quite a struggle.  Give yourself a week to adjust to the new alarm with a couple of snoozes, then actually start GETTING up!

2. GO TO BED EARLIER.  This may seem like an obvious thing - but in my house - bedtime is when I can "get things done" so sacrificing that time was a little hard for me at first.  But, as I began going to bed earlier (by 15 minutes or so at first), the easier it was to wake up and get moving.

3. Eat a small snack before bedtime.  This may help you fall asleep faster.  Banana & peanut butter.  Graham crackers & milk.  A protein and a carb combination is a healthy snack, and provides those enzymes that lull your body into sleeping.

4. Prepare a schedule.  Knowing what you need to do when you get up is key to motivation!  Maybe you won't be quite awake enough in the beginning to accomplish much, but having your "To Do" list handy can get you focused and keep you focused.

5. Devotions & Coffee.  One of the BEST ways to start your day.  Okay - so you don't have to have coffee, but reading my Bible and drinking coffee is a lovely way to start my day.  I originally began in Psalms because they were easy to read and got me in the habit.  Now I can manage a devotional with Scripture, prayer & journaling.  And if I get my coffeemaker ready the night before - all I have to do is plug it in (which only requires one half-open eye!)

6. Take naps if you need them.  A 15-20 minute "power nap" can do WONDERS when you feel like you're dragging.  This can be accomplished if you work full-time and your office/supervisor is flexible.  I would often eat my lunch and then go sit in my car or a quiet office where I could turn the light off, set my phone alarm and snooze.  Any longer than 30 minutes and I was groggy the rest of the day.  But 20 minutes gave me a boost of energy that lasted until bedtime!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
Free SMF Hosting - Create your own Forum