5:16 Club
March 28, 2024, 07:27:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Working

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Working  (Read 1136 times)
BethF

View Profile WWW
« on: January 05, 2009, 07:30:45 am »

I really need prayer about my attitude towards working. I have a good and very flexible job. I just don't really like to work. I have always wanted to be a wife and a mom and thought I would get to stay at home and do that full time. I am 30 and single....and while I am now on the path to becoming a wife (YAY!!! An answer to prayer), I still hate working. I try to tell myself that I need to be doing my work unto the Lord, but most of the time it doesn't work. I am hopeful that in the future, it will be God's plan for me to be at home full-time, but for now He has me working....and I really need prayer to just be encouraged and to know that this is His plan even though I don't understand it.

Thanks!
BethF
Report Spam   Logged

~BethF

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

sarahmae
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 02:30:58 pm »

I really need prayer about my attitude towards working. I have a good and very flexible job. I just don't really like to work. I have always wanted to be a wife and a mom and thought I would get to stay at home and do that full time. I am 30 and single....and while I am now on the path to becoming a wife (YAY!!! An answer to prayer), I still hate working. I try to tell myself that I need to be doing my work unto the Lord, but most of the time it doesn't work. I am hopeful that in the future, it will be God's plan for me to be at home full-time, but for now He has me working....and I really need prayer to just be encouraged and to know that this is His plan even though I don't understand it.

Thanks!
BethF

Dearest Beth,  your hearts desire is such a beautiful one - to fulfill a great and noble calling of staying home to care for your family, God's own idea for women!  I am thankful God has brought you a husband to begin you on your journey of fulfilling a beautiful dream!

In the meantime, I encourage you to think on "whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things"  (Philippians 4:Cool.

He wants you to be content where you are at, and He will grow your character through this if you allow Him - I promise!  I will pray for you...I know it's tough!

« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 02:54:12 pm by sarahmae » Report Spam   Logged

"I don't claim to have found the truth but I know it has found me."  Sara Groves
BethF

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 02:50:05 pm »

We aren't married yet....but hopefully by the end of 2009 Smiley That in itself has been a long and character-building wait! Thank you so much for your prayers!
Report Spam   Logged

~BethF
Gayle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 08:07:53 pm »

Beth,
although I am now a SAHM, I totally know how you are feeling.  It's funny, I was talking to my 5th grade PRE class yesterday about how God calls each person to their own particular vocation, their own path, in His time, not ours!  It may be that we are called to the single life for longer than we want to be, to have more or less children than we planned, but we need to accept and embrace the path that we are on in this particular moment, thank God for putting us on this pass and lifting both our joys and our struggles up to Him.  So often many of us are so busy focusing on the future, that we forget to enjoy today.  God knows what's in our hearts, what we want for our lives, but it will happen His way and in His time, not ours, so I would encourage you to enjoy your courtship and lift up your struggles to God!!
Take care!
God Bless,
Gayle
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
Free SMF Hosting - Create your own Forum