5:16 Club
March 28, 2024, 10:04:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

So tired!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: So tired!  (Read 1319 times)
sugarmommy

View Profile WWW
« on: January 06, 2009, 09:55:46 am »

Sarah,

I was just there! I know exactly how you feel!! I just had my 4th in November and #3 is only 15months older, and my husband works overseas 5 weeks at a time, and then comes home for 5 weeks. Thankfully he was home for the baby and was able to be home an extra week, but he went back the first week of December. I really thought I wouldn't have any hair left after that first week.

And I have soooooo been struggling with patience and gentleness when speaking to my children. And it pains me to hear myself like that! I know it's because I'm tired, and holiday pressures didn't help.

But I find rest in this...He will give me strength; He will provide rest. The Lord sent me good friends willing to push aside their free time during the holiday season to help me out by holding my baby while I showered, slept, shopped, or spent time with the other 3. Or they entertained the other 3 while I took care of the baby. He provides!!!

So know that you are not alone. Take help whenever it's offered no matter how small or large, or inconvenient to others it seems. It is God's provision for you. I think sometimes we, as believers and especially as women, feel such a weight of responsibility to take care of others in need that we forget that we need to be taken care of as well. That makes it hard for me to accept help when it is offered. But don't forget that others have been commanded to serve, as well. And their service, being the hands and feet of Jesus, is not only a blessing to you, but to them and to the Lord b/c it is a witness to others.

Let them be Jesus to you.

Nap when you can. The laundry and dishes can wait.

Definitely take your vitamins.

Meditate on a verse from Scripture that gives you rest and hope.
Report Spam   Logged

SugarMommy

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
Free SMF Hosting - Create your own Forum