5:16 Club
March 28, 2024, 05:03:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

So tired!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: So tired!  (Read 1320 times)
sarahmae
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: January 05, 2009, 02:33:30 pm »

Please pray for me...I am so tired and my temper is running short with my toddlers.  I continue to work hard at being gentle and patient, but it takes all the energy I have!  I am almost eight months along and now that the nesting phase (super energy) seems to have passed, I'm dragging...big time!  It affects not only my ability to care for my home, children, and husband, but my emotions are on a rollar coaster - a seriously loopy one!   Shocked

I really appreciate your prayers!
Report Spam   Logged

"I don't claim to have found the truth but I know it has found me."  Sara Groves

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

RobinM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 07:01:16 am »

I'm sorry that I didn't see this when it was posted, but I wanted you to know that I am praying for you.  My third pregnancy in some ways was the hardest and I know what you must be feeling now.  Of course, you are taking a nap during the day?  Keep taking your vitamins!  It won't kill the little ones to take a longer "nap".  If you are afraid of outsleeping them put up a baby gate across their door.  A friend of mine did that and it helped her so much to relax.
Report Spam   Logged
sugarmommy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 09:55:46 am »

Sarah,

I was just there! I know exactly how you feel!! I just had my 4th in November and #3 is only 15months older, and my husband works overseas 5 weeks at a time, and then comes home for 5 weeks. Thankfully he was home for the baby and was able to be home an extra week, but he went back the first week of December. I really thought I wouldn't have any hair left after that first week.

And I have soooooo been struggling with patience and gentleness when speaking to my children. And it pains me to hear myself like that! I know it's because I'm tired, and holiday pressures didn't help.

But I find rest in this...He will give me strength; He will provide rest. The Lord sent me good friends willing to push aside their free time during the holiday season to help me out by holding my baby while I showered, slept, shopped, or spent time with the other 3. Or they entertained the other 3 while I took care of the baby. He provides!!!

So know that you are not alone. Take help whenever it's offered no matter how small or large, or inconvenient to others it seems. It is God's provision for you. I think sometimes we, as believers and especially as women, feel such a weight of responsibility to take care of others in need that we forget that we need to be taken care of as well. That makes it hard for me to accept help when it is offered. But don't forget that others have been commanded to serve, as well. And their service, being the hands and feet of Jesus, is not only a blessing to you, but to them and to the Lord b/c it is a witness to others.

Let them be Jesus to you.

Nap when you can. The laundry and dishes can wait.

Definitely take your vitamins.

Meditate on a verse from Scripture that gives you rest and hope.
Report Spam   Logged

SugarMommy
sarahmae
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 10:01:17 am »

Thank you for your kind words and prayers!  I know He will get me through. 
Report Spam   Logged

"I don't claim to have found the truth but I know it has found me."  Sara Groves
BethF

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 10:27:21 am »

SugarMommy is so right about letting others serve you! Its easy and enjoyable when we get to serve others and I know we all think we have to "have it together" or I am guilty of not wanting to look weak in any area of my life....or for people to "feel sorry" for me. I was very convicted about that when a friend of mine brought to my attention that I wasn't letting friends or family extend grace to me. It was "ok" for me to extend it to other....so why wouldn't I give others the opportunity to be obedient to what God has called ALL of us to do in serving others?

A verse I LOVE when I am tired is...

Isaiah 40:28-31---

28 Do you not know?
       Have you not heard?
       The LORD is the everlasting God,
       the Creator of the ends of the earth.
       He will not grow tired or weary,
       and his understanding no one can fathom.

29 He gives strength to the weary
       and increases the power of the weak.

30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
       and young men stumble and fall;

31 but those who hope in the LORD
       will renew their strength.
       They will soar on wings like eagles;
       they will run and not grow weary,
       they will walk and not be faint.

We, of course, will grow tired and weary, but HE WILL NOT! He replinishes our strength! He shows us that in all areas we need Him. If we didn't have needs, what would we need Him for???

Praying for you!
Report Spam   Logged

~BethF
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
Free SMF Hosting - Create your own Forum