5:16 Club
March 28, 2024, 12:31:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

What Qualifies An "Older" Woman?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What Qualifies An "Older" Woman?  (Read 2765 times)
sarahmae
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: January 05, 2009, 05:58:22 pm »

Here is something I found online that I totally agree with and would recommend reading if you are curious as to who would qualify as an "older" woman to teach the "younger" women:

http://books.google.com/books?id=gmBCpgE6kRIC&pg=PA47&lpg=PA47&dq=titus+2%3B+what+qualifies+an+%22older%22+woman%3F&source=bl&ots=YT6Wmfh5bc&sig=iKkPwslFQEXXXRVaUexqb6RfzYM&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=2&ct=result
Report Spam   Logged

"I don't claim to have found the truth but I know it has found me."  Sara Groves

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

MelissaR
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 08:07:52 pm »

Wow!  That is really great, Sarah Mae!  It confirmed what I already suspected.  I completely agree with the author!  I was especially struck by this part:

"To think of yourself as a woman of 'sound doctrine' and 'spiritual maturity' may seem presumptuous.  Perhaps you feel an element of relief because your assessment is that you can honestly disqualify yourself on the basis of these qualifications.  Don't sell yourself short, and don't rob the kingdom of what you have to offer!"

What a great thing to hear!  Most of the Christian women I most want to emulate are so humble that they don't consider themselves worthy of being mentors.  What a shame! 

This seems like a good book!
Report Spam   Logged
MessyNester

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 09:51:39 pm »

I totally agree about the older/younger is not necessarily an age thing.  This is something our women have been struggling with at our church.  It is such a simple concept yet for some reason it seems to be a struggle for churches/women in general to actually do though. 

Do you have someone you look to as your mentor? Mentoree?
Report Spam   Logged
Lilyofthevalley

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 11:09:54 am »

Amen, I agree!  That does look like a good book, I read part of it this morning on google reader.  Being only 30, I have felt inadequate to "mother/help/mentor" anyone, but this lady makes an excellent point that there are always those younger that you can watch over and seek to help.  Lack of age is no excuse to be spiritually lazy or irresponsible.  The body of Christ could really benefit from us women caring for, exhorting, and encouraging those who are younger!  I know of several women who feel that they (at 50+ yrs) don't have much success or advice to share.  But that isn't what spiritual motherhood is only about.  It's about giving of ourselves and seeking to give life and hope to those who are down or need direction or hope. 
Report Spam   Logged
Schurren

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2018, 08:45:37 am »

I totally agree about Privacy Pursuits and the older/younger is not necessarily an age thing.  This is something our women have been struggling with at our church.  It is such a simple concept yet for some reason it seems to be a struggle for churches/women in general to actually do though. 

Do you have someone you look to as your mentor? Mentoree?

Does anyone still frequent these boards and gives advice to younger women?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2022, 01:55:20 am by Schurren » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
Free SMF Hosting - Create your own Forum