5:16 Club
April 20, 2024, 01:17:28 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

1 John 1:5-7

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1 John 1:5-7  (Read 2296 times)
BethF

View Profile WWW
« on: January 07, 2009, 08:22:07 pm »

I love learning more about God's character! He IS light....just like He is love and He is truth. Light refers to His character...holy, untouched by sin. He CANNOT sin! Walking in darkness is walking contrary to the character of God. Since its against His character to have any darkness at all, we cannot fellowship properly if we aren't recognizing our sin. When we are in fellowship with God, we walk in the light and the light ALWAYS reveals sin. Light means illumination! It reminds me of 2 Corinthians 12:9-10. His grace is sufficient and in my weaknesses, He is strong...He is glorified when I show that I can't do life without Him. When I bring my sin to light, I can show others that I am not strong on my own. I NEED HIM! I need the fellowship with Him! When we share our weaknesses with each other, we allow them into our spiritual walk and they get to see how God works in our lives. It also gives us the opportunity to pray for each other, have accountability, encourage one another and serve one another. Its not always easy and it can be embarrasing, but we know that fellowship with God and believers brings joy. We can know that for sure because God's word says it does...and He cannot lie.

Fellowship with other believers can make us realize that we aren't alone in our struggles. And we can even offer comfort and biblical advice. A lot of times it helps to get other's perspective b/c they are not in the emotional situation. The light does reveal our sin....but what if we are so far in the darkness that we can't see anymore? We have justified our behavior so much that it doesn't SEEM wrong anymore? We need believers to come to us with a flashlight to shed a little perspective on our situation.

God is so good and its so humbling and comforting to know that I can come to Him with anything....I can bring anything into the light and know that fellowship can always be restored!
Report Spam   Logged

~BethF

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
Free SMF Hosting - Create your own Forum