5:16 Club
April 18, 2024, 01:03:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Discuss, discuss, discuss!

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Discuss, discuss, discuss!  (Read 4622 times)
Kymber

View Profile WWW
« on: January 05, 2009, 04:17:46 am »

Morning Ladies!
I just wanted to comment on a few things that I got from this study today. It must have been so wonderful to be able to stand and proclaim that all that Jesus said would happen was the truth and was verified as such. These people who followed him - who stood by his side when things got really rough, ALL  that they had put their hopes and faith to had come to pass. What joy that must have brought them - and us! To follow a Savior that is always with me  - who is with me eternally - what comfort and strength that brings!
I am reading also from my Matthew Henry commentary and something that stood out for me in my reading is this:
"This communion of believers with the Father and the Son, is begun and kept up by the influences of the Holy Spirit. The benefits Christ bestows, are not like the scanty possessions of the world, causing jealousies in others; but the joy and happiness of communion with God is all-sufficient, so that any number may partake of it; and all who are able to say that their fellowship truly is with the Father, will desire to lead others to experience the same blessedness."

I look forward to this bible study with you dear sisters in Christ!
Kymber
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
Free SMF Hosting - Create your own Forum