5:16 Club
April 20, 2024, 09:30:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Discuss, discuss, discuss!

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Discuss, discuss, discuss!  (Read 4635 times)
swatson

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2009, 03:23:12 pm »

In 1 John 1:1-4, the verbs stuck out to me: heard, seen, looked at, touched, testify, proclaim.

I remember when I first HEARD the gospel of Jesus Christ!
I remember when I SAW His love and forgiveness for me -and how it TOUCHED my life, my heart, my mind...
I remember LOOKING at others that knew Christ and SEEING a difference. I was seeing Christ working in them and I desired what they had. 
I desired that relationship with God, which I have found through his Son, Jesus Christ!
The main theme of this epistle is fellowship with God.

I know that I was not an eyewitness during the actual years of Christ's life, death, resurrection, and ascension, but I can bear witness to the Word of God holding true, impacting my life and others, compelling me to TESTIFY and PROCLAIM who Christ is, what he has done, and what he's doing in my life today!

There are so many nonbelievers in my family and I have cried a million tears over their hardened hearts. 
I pray that they will all come into a relationship with Christ one day.  I can just imagine it- my heart will absolutely explode with JOY!

When someone comes into a relationship with Christ and you see Christ working in their lives- I believe that completes our joy here on earth.  Also, when a believer who has wandered from God - returns - our hearts REJOICE (to make joyful; gladden).

« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 06:58:13 pm by swatson » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
Free SMF Hosting - Create your own Forum