5:16 Club
March 28, 2024, 04:59:04 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Babies and Stuff

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Babies and Stuff  (Read 1334 times)
MelissaR
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: January 08, 2009, 07:12:31 am »

I would love it if you would all pray for me however you see fit... My husband and I started trying to get pregnant with baby #2 last July, and in early October we found out that I was indeed pregnant.  However, on November 1st I had a miscarriage.  God really carried me through that difficult time of mourning and loss, and He was incredibly gracious, but there are still effects that I'm dealing with.  I find myself sad and jealous when I hear other pregnant women talk about their pregnancies and babies, and I don't want to be around friends who are pregnant.  Also, the miscarriage itself didn't have any ill-effects on my relationship with my husband, but the emotional stress combined with a lot of other stressers we've experienced in the last year has caused us to both feel exhausted and unavailable to each other.  The foundation of our marriage is still strong, but we are going through a rocky time.  Overall, I am doing incredibly well given what has happened.  But I think I am waiting for another baby to make things right instead of dealing with some of the issues that are under the surface.  Thanks so much for your prayers. 
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

BethF

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 07:44:38 am »

I will definitely be praying for you!!! I am so very sorry for your loss. While I haven't been through it personally, my family has....both of my sister-in-laws have had them. One of them had three within a years time. Its so hard! I am so very thankful that it didn't have negative affects with your husband, but I can imagine the emotional stress alone left you both tired. I would think that what you are feeling is perfectly normal. I have been single for a long time with a huge longing to be married....and there are days that it is frustrating to be around my married friends....not understanding why God didn't want me to have that. I look back and see how He completely provided and has blessed me during my single life---I am sure you can (or will) see the same. Hang in there! God is so very good and even though its hard, we can look forward to growing spiritually through the trial and becoming more like Him in the process. And we can rest knowing that He has gone before us...He knows us better than we know ourselves. Proverbs 4:5-6 stands out b/c its says "lean not on your own understanding"....I have such a difficult time remembering that. I have to over-analyze everything when His understanding is perfect. I will pray that you will have peace and comfort and grow to know Him in a deeper way...and that you and your husband will have rest so that you can offer each other encouragement and comfot! Thank you so much for your honesty and spilling your heart. I will be praying!!!
Report Spam   Logged

~BethF
HisBeloved

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 11:31:33 am »

You are on my heart and in my prayers. My mom had one ljust last year (her third) and it was so hard on her and our whole family. Some times it's still hard. I unpacked a picture frame this week I had packed away a year ago with pictures of all my siblings and I had left one space open for the baby my mom lost.

So hang in there and know that we are behind you, supporting you in prayer.
Report Spam   Logged
Lisa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 10:22:20 am »

You will definitely be in my prayers as well.  A friend of mine just suffered two miscarriages in 6 months, and I know the emotional turmoil that she is going through has really been stressful for her and her husband.

Remember that God's timing is absolutely perfect.  I have to remind myself of this daily.
Report Spam   Logged
Gwen

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 06:28:18 pm »

Melissa,
I will keep you in my prayers. I know what it is like to see pregnant women and women with babies and feel that "aching" feeling.  Although our situations are somewhat different, I was soooo ready for children LONG before my husband was.   God's timing is perfect.  I pray that when the time is right, things will fall into place for you and that you will be richly blessed!
Report Spam   Logged

Gwen
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
Free SMF Hosting - Create your own Forum