5:16 Club
April 20, 2024, 12:27:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

1 John 2:3-6

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1 John 2:3-6  (Read 1910 times)
Lisa

View Profile WWW
« on: January 09, 2009, 09:20:11 am »

Ooh, conviction ... it burns!!!

This passage really made me look at MY life.  Am I knowingly sinning?  I struggle with my tongue SO much!  Why?  Why can't I move past this sin?  I do it.  Realize it as I'm saying devastating words.  Then I confess and ask for forgiveness.  My desire is to truly repent of this gossip sin.  I want to be useful in building up the Lord's kingdom, not tearing it down.

Is this the type of behavior that is making me in a liar.  Can God not live in me?  Am I abominable to Him?  I mean, I know what I am doing, and I do it anyway.

John's words are so clear.  This does not leave room for much interpretation, and yet, it's as if 1 John is the epistle that has been lost in churches.  Only the "crazies" would believe this and follow these commands.  The apathy around us is disgusting, and also frustrating because I see it penetrating my friends and family.  I'm recovering of it myself.  It is definitely a blessing to be able to surround myself with you and your wisdom and insights, build up and strengthen my defenses, so that I am able to get "back out there" and fight!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
Free SMF Hosting - Create your own Forum