5:16 Club
March 28, 2024, 03:41:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

1 John 2:3-6

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1 John 2:3-6  (Read 1901 times)
BethF

View Profile WWW
« on: January 13, 2009, 07:34:34 am »

Not only can we know Christ through Salvation, we also get to know Him and experience Him in a relationship....intimately! WOW! I love that God wants to have a relationship with me. He already knows every in and out of my being yesterday, today and tomorrow...and now He wants me to know Him!

I think the main thing that stood out to me in these verses is that lying is a sin. It doesn't say that if you say you know Him and don't keep His commandments, then you do not belong to Him. It says you are a liar. Lying is a sin that can be forgiven! John is speaking of having a relationship with Christ not our salvation. He is saying that if I claim to KNOW Christ as He knows me, but I am not actively seeking Him and experiencing Him and studying His Word and keeping it, then I am lying to others. However, the exciting thing that John then brings up is that if we DO have that initimacy with God, His love will be perfected in me! That is exaclty what I want. I want God's love to be perfected in me...that way I can share Him with others for effectively and love my family the way He does and see others through His eyes and not the world's. When I know Him, I desire more to live like Him.
Report Spam   Logged

~BethF

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
Free SMF Hosting - Create your own Forum