5:16 Club
March 19, 2024, 04:34:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Stop fighting

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stop fighting  (Read 1228 times)
Robin

View Profile WWW
« on: January 10, 2009, 09:36:39 am »

Do you ever fight with your husband?  Really...do you?   
Stop it right now. 
I mean it.
Really, I do.
We need to learn to pray rather than fight. 

What do they tell us to do when there is a fire?  Stop, drop and roll.  Well, when we have heated issues with our spouse (or anyone) we need to Stop, drop and pray.  No, you don't need to literally drop on your knees, but drop your pride and pray.  Pray for wisdom, pray for the situation, pray for your husband, pray that God would keep you from saying things that you will regret. Ideally, we would do these things before a situation becomes heated.   

I wish I could say that I have never fought with my husband, but since becoming a Christian and learning how to pray I can say that our marriage is now one that is "not" characterized by fighting.  In the past there have been issues where we fought or I just had to keep talking (insert-nagging) about the situation and then I would stop and say "God, please take over" and within 24 hours the situation was completely changed.  Either my view or my husband's view would be completely changed by the Lord. Oh, that I would have learned this early in my life.

Today and tomorrow and the day after that ask the Lord to help you not to be a contentious wife.
Do you have children?  They are watching.  Do you know anybody?  They are watching.  Believe me, they are. 

Here are just a few scriptures that can help us:

Proverbs 31:26
Romans 12:2
Galatians 6:7-9
1 Peter 3:17
Philippians 2:1-4
Ephesians 4:1-3

There are many more passages of scripture that you can find that will give more teaching and admonition in this area.  Search the scriptures and study them out.  I highly recommend the books "The Excellent Wife" by Martha Peace and "The Power of a Praying Wife" by Stormie Omartian for even more study. 

We are all sinful, we will all stumble, but Jesus says in John 8:11 "Go and sin no more". 

Blessings on your journey,
Robin
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

becca banana

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 11:26:28 pm »

Thank you.

I appreciate your "stop it right now" as that is what we need to do with any sin!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
Free SMF Hosting - Create your own Forum