5:16 Club
April 18, 2024, 02:02:56 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Sunday School Stunner.....

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sunday School Stunner.....  (Read 2715 times)
BethF

View Profile WWW
« on: January 13, 2009, 11:57:02 am »

Oh wow, how sad for your friend that she doesn't understand God's grace. The law was put in place to show us that we are imperfect and need a savior. When Christ came to earth and died on the cross for sin, grace replaced the law. We are no longer under the law and have the freedom to not live under it. While they are a standard to live by, only God can truly hold to them. And if you are going to follow the law, you can't pick and choose which ones to keep....so you can't ONLY keep the 10, you have to keep ALL of them (and I forget how many hundreds of them there are).

I am sure that Sarah Mae will address the modesty issue specifically, but while we have the freedoms to do certain things that aren't black and white in the scripture, we are called to stand apart from the world. We are to represent Christ. The biggest question I ask myself is NOT "How far can I take this without sinning?"....but "How can I do ______ and glorify God MORE?"

Its definitely not our place to judge people's actions b/c God calls us to love everyone and have grace for them. We aren't to put each other under any law. However, I CHOOSE not to live with my boyfriend b/c it gives off the apprearance of evil. It also puts us in a position to sin. Its a choice that I make, even though the bible doesn't SPECIFICALLY say that I cannot LIVE with him before marriage, I know that it doesn't please the Lord and it doesn't glorify Him to the fullest.

As for the modesty issue....we do have to take the bible in its context. Like I said, Sarah will probably hit this, but the head covering and jewelry were apart of that culture and when you study scripture, you have to take into consideration the culture.

I hope that makes sense....I'll be praying for this situation with you.
Report Spam   Logged

~BethF

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
Free SMF Hosting - Create your own Forum