5:16 Club
April 19, 2024, 06:20:16 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Sunday School Stunner.....

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sunday School Stunner.....  (Read 2718 times)
BethF

View Profile WWW
« on: January 13, 2009, 01:53:20 pm »

Hey Sarah! Can you clarify what you mean by saying "The law is a path to freedom"? I did a very in depth study on Galatians last year and the biggest thing I learned is that the law doesn't bring freedom. Grace alone brings freedom. The law shows only our works, which put us under bondage. Paul's example he uses is circumcision (Gal. 2:3-5)...and he even goes as far to say not to participate in the tradition/ceremony of circumcision b/c it can make new believers stumble (fall into a habit of keeping the law instead of living under grace...Gal. 2:11-13). I do agree that our works show our fruit and being obedient is important so others can see Christ in us...which Paul talks about in Gal. 5. However, He also mentions throughout the entire 5th Chapter that you cannot be led by the Spirit if you are putting yourself back under the law. Gal. 5:1-3 tells us that we can be believers and put ourselves back under the slavery of the law....and Paul warns us not to do that. Anyway---I was just curious to know what you meant.
Report Spam   Logged

~BethF

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
Free SMF Hosting - Create your own Forum