5:16 Club
April 16, 2024, 09:06:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Is Your Spouse Chosen For You By God?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Your Spouse Chosen For You By God?  (Read 1433 times)
sarahmae
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: January 28, 2009, 06:24:44 pm »

What do you think?  Is the person we are married to predistined by God to be our spouse, or could there have been a mistake?
Report Spam   Logged

"I don't claim to have found the truth but I know it has found me."  Sara Groves

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Trisha

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 08:30:35 pm »

I think that on occasion when God needs to He may foreordain certain couples.  Joseph for Mary?  I think that as long as both husband and wife love the Lord, each other, and are selfless almost any two people could have a happy marriage.  Does that sound simple?  I was once given the good advice that when times are rough we should try to be more Christ like.  That has not always been easy.  It rarely is, and yet when I do surrender my pains, frustrations, and fears to the Lord; I find peace.  So I for one do not believe that my marriage was foreordained, and yet I am happily married for 16 years to the love of my life!
Report Spam   Logged
momofgmd

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 03:28:33 pm »

My simple answer is yes.  Mark 10:6-9 state, "But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female.  For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife; And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh.  What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder."  Matthew 19:4-6 gives the same account.  God is speaking generally here about marriage.  He ends it by affirming that He Himself is joining that couple together.  Jesus is not speaking here of just marriages in which two godly people come together in the express purpose of glorifying Him.  His hand is in all marriage from the beginning.  I will have to study more into the sovereignty of God and come back.
Report Spam   Logged
Becky

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 10:06:18 pm »

I absolutely think that God chose my husband. My life verse is Jeremiah 29:11 and it says that God knows the plans He has for me. I believe those plans includes my husband. Besides, God would have had to chose him because know how I am and I would have chosen someone totally wrong for me.
Report Spam   Logged
sarahmae
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 07:51:47 am »

Haha...Becky, when I first read your reply, I thought you said, it had to be God that chose your spouse because "I wouldn't have chosen someone totally wrong for me."  Smiley 

I think God somehow in His infinite grace and wisdom works it all out!
Report Spam   Logged

"I don't claim to have found the truth but I know it has found me."  Sara Groves
Becky

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2009, 08:48:59 pm »

Good heavens, I can see how you could get confused with that horrible sentence structure! I need to learn no to post when I'm tired.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
Free SMF Hosting - Create your own Forum