5:16 Club
April 20, 2024, 12:34:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

1 John 2:9-11

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1 John 2:9-11  (Read 1519 times)
BethF

View Profile WWW
« on: January 14, 2009, 07:43:29 am »

Here we are again with darkness Smiley Its interesting that its so plainly written out and that I still struggle with it. If we hate our brother (another fellow believer) we are walking in darkness. I can't think of someone that I would say that I hate, but I know there are people that do get on my nerves....and the way that I treat or react to them isn't how Christ would. If I say I am walking in the light and treat people this way, it opposes Christ's character...it opposes His teaching, which opposes His word. If that is the case, then I am living contradictory to Him and His word...therefore, I am walking in darkness. Its easy to say that we are doing something....but watching actions is so much more important. Its easy to say that we believe God can do anything, but in the midst of crisis we sometimes have to remind ourselves that He is in control and knows what is going on. Same with walking in the light....its easy for me to say that I am, but do my actions show that I truly follow His word? Nelson's commentary says that the "darkness has blinded him" in verse 11 is to have lost spiritual perspective. I am convicted to search myself and make sure I haven't lost spiritual perspective.
Report Spam   Logged

~BethF

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
Free SMF Hosting - Create your own Forum