5:16 Club
April 19, 2024, 09:03:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

1 John 2:9-11

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1 John 2:9-11  (Read 1515 times)
swatson

View Profile
« on: January 15, 2009, 12:39:18 pm »

www.soniclight.com
Notes on 1 John 2008 Edition by Dr. Thomas L. Constable

The fact that God has removed the penalty for our sins at conversion (1 Cor. 6:11; Eph. 1:7; 4:32; Col. 2:13) does not remove the necessity of confessing our sins frequently. Again, the issue is not acceptance by God but fellowship with God.

"Sin interrupts fellowship but cannot change relationship."

"The status just described is analogous to God's full acceptance of Israel, as expressed in Balaam's inspired
utterance: 'He has not observed iniquity in Jacob, nor has He seen wickedness in Israel' (Numbers 23:21). Yet, on a practical level, Israel was full of failures!"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John is speaking to believers about hatred.  There have been times in my Christian life where I have struggled with bitterness and hatred towards another believer.  It was during that time in my life when things seemed out of whack and I stumbled, letting unwholemsome talk come out of my mouth, being physically affected by my bitterness.  It wasn't until I confronted this person and did a whole lot of praying and forgiving on my part, that the bitterness has died and a sweetness is growing in this relationship, that could have only happened through the power of God!!! 
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
Free SMF Hosting - Create your own Forum