5:16 Club
April 18, 2024, 11:13:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

1 John 2: 15 - 17

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1 John 2: 15 - 17  (Read 1649 times)
Angela

View Profile WWW
« on: January 15, 2009, 09:09:57 am »

I choose to memorize this verse with Beth Moore's Siesta Scripture Memory Team because it was so convicting to me. After I read through it on my wonderful print out (thanks again Melissa) I brought out my Message bible. It states:

15-17Don't love the world's ways. Don't love the world's goods. Love of the world squeezes out love for the Father. Practically everything that goes on in the world—wanting your own way, wanting everything for yourself, wanting to appear important—has nothing to do with the Father. It just isolates you from him. The world and all its wanting, wanting, wanting is on the way out—but whoever does what God wants is set for eternity.

I am not a person who has ever cared about keeping up with the Jones' but have been blessed by a comfortable, welcoming, and clean home, a reliable SUV to take the dogs places in, and comfy jeans, sweatshirts, and crocs/tennis shoes to wear. I do however struggle with wanting my way or wanting to appear to have it all together. Today as I journaled I realized wanting my way and wanting to appear to have everything together makes me rely on myself and not Christ. I am squeezing His love out of my life.

Melissa I can't wait to read your blog tonight and you do bring up great questions. I agree when we buy we need to examine our hearts. Thank you for the post, it is really making me think.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
Free SMF Hosting - Create your own Forum