5:16 Club
April 19, 2024, 01:03:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

1 John 2: 15 - 17

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1 John 2: 15 - 17  (Read 1650 times)
swatson

View Profile
« on: January 15, 2009, 12:11:47 pm »

"Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace"

I'd like the words of this chorus to be present in my daily life. 
And as we fellowship with Christ, his transforming power begins to line our desires up with His. 

When I was in Uganda on a mission's trip back in 1995, I met a precious pastor who greeted us with his arms outstretched, saying, "You can see that I have nothing tangible to give you, but I do have the best gift of all, and that is the Word of God!" and he went on sharing scriptures with us throughout the day; verses he had memorized that just flowed freely out of his mouth.  I had been so busy that day trying to buy souvenirs for everyone, which was a very nice thing, but this pastor reminded me of the greatest gift I needed to give my family and friends when I returned to the states, and that was to share God's Word with them.  As we crave God, boast about what God has done in our lives, abide in him and love each other deeply - things in the world "grow strangely dim." Our desires/passions become more and more like his.

Let's look to see if we are putting anything before God.  What or Whom are we spending our time with  the most?  Matthew 6:21 (New International Version) "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
Free SMF Hosting - Create your own Forum