5:16 Club
March 19, 2024, 02:41:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Calling all morning birds!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Calling all morning birds!  (Read 3855 times)
sarahmae
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: January 03, 2009, 04:45:15 pm »

If you are a "morning person," please offer your tips of suggestion for how you get your day going so darn early?!

If you are not a morning person but have discovered some tips on getting up early, please share!

Grin
Report Spam   Logged

"I don't claim to have found the truth but I know it has found me."  Sara Groves

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

MelissaR
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 05:42:11 pm »

I wouldn't call myself a morning person, but I haven't had any trouble rising on weekdays these last two weeks because I get up the same time my husband gets up for work.  It helps to have a buddy!  We also put our alarm clock in the master bathroom so one of us has to get up to turn it off.  We do not set it to allow for any extra time because falling back and forth in and out of sleep just makes it harder to get up.
Report Spam   Logged
Gayle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 07:40:01 pm »

I am NOT a morning person at all, neither is hubby, but prior to Christmas he had started getting up earlier with the hopes of also getting home earlier (that part hasn't happened yet, but holding out hope) I am going to try getting up with him starting monday!  It will be a little rough at first since he and the kids have been home since before Christmas!!  I'm looking forward to everyone's advice and fellowship!!
Report Spam   Logged
sugarmommy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 11:03:09 pm »

I, also, am not a morning person, especially with 4 kids (and one of those a newborn), but I have found that if I ask the Lord to wake me for time with Him, He will. Either I just wake up, or something/someone (namely, that newborn!) wakes me up, but either way, I make it a point to not try to fall back asleep (as I would normally do when I wake up early).

Another thing, I set my coffee pot the night before to come on the next morning at the appointed time (we have an "auto brew" feature). When it turns on at 5am, it fills the house with the aroma of coffee and that encourages me to get up and grab a cup. (Bonus: not having to make coffee when I'm half asleep!) Then I grab my Bible and sit in a comfy chair with my coffee and a blanket and get reading!

See you Monday!
Report Spam   Logged

SugarMommy
DomRegPet

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 07:01:06 pm »

I am NOT a morning person.  It has never been rare to find me up at 3 am for no good reason.  But beinga homeschool mom of 3 (6, 4.5, & 2), I now must be.  So our solution was to go to church every morning as a family at 6:30.  Now I know you don't all have this option but for us it works really well.  Nothing happens before church, just dressing, brushing and the absolutes.  But we come home after make beds, eat breakfast, brush teeth and start school  and all this before I was out of bed before.  It has made a huge impact on our whole family and even those who are at church with us. Wink
Report Spam   Logged

"To live without faith, without a patrimony to defend, without a steady struggle for truth, that is not living but existing." -Pier Giorgio Frassati
BethF

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 10:41:17 pm »

Like most of you, I am not a morning person....but I have been incredibly encouraged and excited to get up and have my quiet time, knowing all of you are doing it also (even though its at different times). The accountability and just excitement to learn from others has really motivated me. The community we have is very unique and I am very blessed to have you all. I have learned so much and that motivates me too.

When the alarm goes off, I have to remind myself that in 9 minutes when it goes off again, I will FEEL just as tired. I pray that God will just give me the strength to just SIT UP! Once I am up, everything is so much better. Smiley And of course, there is COFFEE!!!!
Report Spam   Logged

~BethF
Lorrilou

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2009, 09:51:26 am »

Not sure if this thread is still active, but I've found after being a night person my entire life, that when I started getting up early and sitting at His feet, I found that I don't want to miss that time.  Even on the weekend, I can't wait to get up and spend time with Him.  Ask Him to give you the desire to spend uninterrupted time with Him, and He will answer your prayers!
Report Spam   Logged
CoffeeMom

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2009, 06:04:10 am »

Am I REALLY the only "morning person" here?  Okay - so as I've gotten older, had children who may not allow me to get a full night's sleep, it's been a challenge to be a morning person - but I still prefer to get up early over staying up late.

I just posted my tips in response to another request here: http://516club.freesmfhosting.com/index.php/topic,125.0.html

Hope it helps!
Report Spam   Logged
MellisaNewton11

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, 09:06:30 am »

Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
Free SMF Hosting - Create your own Forum