5:16 Club
March 29, 2024, 05:39:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Under Fire

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Under Fire  (Read 1675 times)
MelissaR
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: January 15, 2009, 09:46:35 pm »

I usually don't talk much about spiritual warfare, but today I feel pretty certain I am experiencing some.  I have been very open with friends about my commitment to rise early and spend time with God, and I have passionately shared how it is impacting my life.  It has even convinced a few of my friends to spend more time with God in the mornings, too.  I have risen each day with eagerness to dive into the Word, and I have left each time refreshed.  However...  Today I woke up grumpy and exhausted and annoyed.  I had a bad attitude about doing my Bible study, and although I prayed through it and was really challenged by today's verses, I still had leftover crankiness crop up all day.  I was exhausted, unkind to my equally cranky husband, and I caved when faced with a temptation this afternoon.  Tonight I know I need to write a blog about what I'm learning because I feel compelled, and I also know that several unsaved friends read my blog regularly.  Sadly, I even have a bad attitude about writing it and keep putting it off, just as I have put off another blog post about the Bible that I've been saying I will write.  It just really seems like I'm under fire.  Would you please pray that I will find encouragement, rest, and a renewed spirit and that I will press on and not let the enemy have his way?

Thanks, ladies!
Melissa
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

sarahmae
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 07:13:41 am »

Yes - I will be praying!  I feel the same way.  I know that part of my tiredness and crankiness is my hormonal state right now with being just about eight months pregnant, but it's really getting difficult to have any energy or motivation. 

I have appreciated you so much and all your thoughts and observations on the 1 John study.  I know I should be writing more seeing as I sort of started it all...

Anyway, YOU GOT MY PRAYERS GIRL!
Report Spam   Logged

"I don't claim to have found the truth but I know it has found me."  Sara Groves
RobinM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 02:56:30 pm »

I haven't been in the last few days because I am just plain sick! I'm beginning to believe that I too am under attack.  Please pray for me.. Cry

RobinM
Report Spam   Logged
MelissaR
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 06:49:26 am »

We all need to stand in the gap for one another.  After I felt such spiritual warfare the other night, I went in and prayed with my husband.  I was immediately resolute to remain strong and faithful, but then a friend came in town to visit and my son got a stomach virus, throwing up for 24 hours.  Satan knew that he couldn't get to my will, so he chose illness and circumstances to get in my way. 

I think we forget that any time we are standing for Christ and are committed to growing, there WILL BE challenges and adversity.  I don't know why I don't remember that heading in to the situation... 

I am praying for all of us this morning that we would press on through the trials and challenges.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 07:06:44 am by MelissaR » Report Spam   Logged
AmyS

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 01:55:03 pm »

AMEN!

I have really felt like my husband and I are being attacked, as well.  My husband got a job on the West Coast (totally a God thing!) and we have been preparing to make the move.  It seems like the past few weeks everything we try to set up or arrange for the move has been met with a battle or realization that the cost will be much more than anticipated and more than we have.  We know that God is faithful and he will provide a way as we are obedient to what he has called us to do but it has brought a lot of stress into our home.  Although I have continued with this study I feel like the stress has clouded my ability to hear God's voice.  I have become consumed with trying to figure out how this move will work instead of having faith in Jehovah Jireh, MY provider.

As crazy as it sounds, it's an encouragement to read that others doing this study are feeling "under fire" as well.  It gives me confidence that God is wanting to do great things in and through us... that the Devil feels threatened and feels the need to try to stop our pursuit of Jesus.  I am praying for all of us, that we will press in all the more and "lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me" (Phil 3:12).
Report Spam   Logged
Gwen

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2009, 03:00:26 pm »

Just letting you all know that I am thinking of you and praying for you today!  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Gwen
RobinM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2009, 04:15:55 pm »

Thank you everyone!  I am still under the weather, but I too, do not feel alone.  We are undergoing a great deal of change in our housing situation and that is adding to our stress as well, even though the circumstances are great for our whole family!  Does that make sense?  I feel like I am in a fog right now so please forgive my ramblings.  Just know that I am praying for you all and I am grateful for your prayers also.

Robin
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
Free SMF Hosting - Create your own Forum