5:16 Club
March 28, 2024, 11:22:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Reviewing Chapters

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reviewing Chapters  (Read 1103 times)
MelissaR
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: January 16, 2009, 07:11:59 am »

The last time I did a Bible study ed by our pastor's wife we did something cool.  Each time we completed a chapter, she encouraged us to go back and review in one or two words the theme or topic found in the previous chapters.  This became really helpful in solidifying what we had read, and now, even though I can't remember exact chapters (I probably didn't review enough on my own), I can remember that a certain topic is found someplace in the first few chapters of a certain book, helping me to retrieve it more quickly.  I plan to do the same thing with this study and wanted to encourage you to join me.  Here is what I have so far:

chapter 1 - light
chapter 2 - love and antichrists

Each time we finish a chapter, go through and review the topics of the previous chapters until you know them by heart.  That way, when someone says, "Where does John talk about the antichrist?" you will know that it is in chapter 2.  I would also encourage you at the end of each chapter to go back and reread the whole chapter (or in this case, even the whole book up to that point, since it is such a short book), helping to really seal in what you've learned and put it back into context.

Just an idea... Hope it helps!   Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

sarahmae
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 11:04:31 am »

Great idea Melissa! 

The second chapter has a funny title...love and antichrists...  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

"I don't claim to have found the truth but I know it has found me."  Sara Groves
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
Free SMF Hosting - Create your own Forum