5:16 Club
March 19, 2024, 06:39:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Think upon the positive

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Think upon the positive  (Read 1407 times)
ktksu

View Profile
« on: January 18, 2009, 02:57:14 pm »

I'm going through the Love Dare book (from the movie Fireproof) and today's challenge was a good one.  It discussed the idea of having two "rooms" where memories are stored about our husbands: an Appreciation Room and a Depreciation Room.  When we were dating and first married, we concentrated on the Appreciation room, but when we're going through a troublesome time we tend to focus on the Depreciation Room and all of the negative things about our husbands.

I think that's where I've been over the last several months...allowing myself to meditate on the negative experiences with my husband and not visiting "the Appreciation Room" often enough.  The challenge was to assume the best today.  When my husband does or says something questionable, assume the best in them, just like I did when we were dating.  Extend a ridiculous amount of grace...treat them with the respect and courtesy that you would extend to a visiting family member staying in your home.

SO that is my challenge...not only for today but for this week.  And the next week.  Then the next week.  I would love to make this a new habit in my home.

I hope this encourages someone else in the same way it has encouraged me!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

sarahmae
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 07:28:51 pm »

Super encouraging - and something I need to do more often!  How true this is!!!
Report Spam   Logged

"I don't claim to have found the truth but I know it has found me."  Sara Groves
Gwen

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 01:24:04 pm »

My husband and I are also doing the challenges from the Love Dare book.  He was grumbling at first, but has now seen how much it has enhanced our relationship.  It is a great book----I highly reccommend it!!
Report Spam   Logged

Gwen
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
Free SMF Hosting - Create your own Forum