5:16 Club
March 28, 2024, 06:20:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

1 John 4:17-18

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1 John 4:17-18  (Read 1107 times)
Angela

View Profile WWW
« on: February 04, 2009, 06:59:09 am »

In my bible study group we talked about lectio divina. I used that approach with the scriptures for today. Once again the word fear came to me. I am learning that God is trying to work on the fears I knew I had and the ones I didn't even know were there lurking.

Here is an example of one of my fears. I drive an hour to work to a not so nice neighborhood. When my very reliable vehicle started to get around 70,000 miles I started thinking it was time to trade. The only reason was because I was fearful of breaking down plain and simple. I did not want another vehicle (I love mine), I did not want to go back into debt (we are working towards not having any), and this SUV has been so reliable and perfect for me. I just was fearful of breaking down. God spoke to me and asked if I trusted Him to take care of me. I then realized I doubted Gods ability to take care of me in ALL areas of my life. I have 82,000 on my SUV now and trust God will take care of me as I go to and from work.

One of the hardest things for me is to realize how fearful I have become. Anyone who knows me would say I am a very confident person. I am not sure when all this fear stuff crept in but I praise God for helping me to see how a fearful life is not glorifying to Him and He is walking step by step beside me.

Blessings!
Angela

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

sarahmae
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 06:40:51 pm »

I think the enemy like to use fear against us - good for you in recognizing it!  I get fearful to, about other things - usually with my children.  Then I realize that I can't really control all that much - I can be wise and make wise choices, but after that it's in God's hands.

Pray this:  Lord, I pray nothing would happen to me or my family that hasn't first gone through your loving hands.

You'll be much more confident after this prayer!
Report Spam   Logged

"I don't claim to have found the truth but I know it has found me."  Sara Groves
Angela

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 11:23:57 pm »

Thank you for the prayer. I will use it daily!!
God is amazing!
Blessings~ Angela
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
Free SMF Hosting - Create your own Forum