5:16 Club
March 18, 2024, 11:35:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

I want to hear from YOU!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I want to hear from YOU!  (Read 2227 times)
sarahmae
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: February 08, 2009, 06:48:34 pm »

Hello gals!  Smiley

First off I want to say a big THANK YOU to Melissa for helping me out!  I know I haven't been as involved as I would have liked, but I plan to be a regular "poster" when things settle here a bit.

I would like to know what you gals would like to do for the next "study."  Did you like having a reading plan for 1 John?  Would you rather do a book study where we actually go through a written bible study?  What would you like?

I'm all ears ladies, so speak up - I want your feedback!
Report Spam   Logged

"I don't claim to have found the truth but I know it has found me."  Sara Groves

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

MelissaR
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 06:50:58 am »

It's my pleasure to help, Sarah Mae! 

I have loved studying actual scripture together, but I miss the enthusiasm and dialogue that took place in the beginning.  I gleaned so much from others' comments and input, so I haven't enjoyed it as much lately.  Perhaps we stretched things out too long.  Maybe it would be good to take a break and encourage people to pursue some things that God personally lays on their hearts, then resume with a new study in a month or two that doesn't last as long.  That would give us all a chance to get motivated to start together again.  It seems like three to four weeks was about as long as most people could hang on. 

Maybe some kind of plan for using the forum during a break would be helpful... For example, encourage people to share prayer requests on Wednesdays and do something else on a different day of the week?  This would help to get people back into the forum again, knowing that there would be posts to read. 

Another idea for a future study would be to assign different women to start writing threads on different readings (based on volunteering, of course).  If I knew I was supposed to start the conversation on a particular set of verses, I would be motivated to keep reading, and I would love, love to hear what different women had to say about the verses.  I'd be much more excited to log on and read what others have to say each day, even if all they could say was, "Okay girls, this one baffled me... Help!"

I don't know... These are just my ideas, but I'd love to hear what others think!

Report Spam   Logged
sarahmae
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 01:41:50 pm »

Melissa, these are FANTASTIC ideas.  Did you ever figure out how to send a group email?  I would like to do that and share your thoughts with everyone.

Let me know if you figure it out.  I have most of the gals emails, but once the forum started I stopped adding emails to my email list - so I'm probably 15 short. 

Again, I am so glad to have you on board - we just need some enthusiasm, I agree! 
Report Spam   Logged

"I don't claim to have found the truth but I know it has found me."  Sara Groves
becca banana

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 10:34:47 pm »

I would be on board with another study!  I'm still reading faithfully and checking in about every other day and either don't have the time to comment or don't have much valuable insight to add.  (a lurker, I suppose)  If you had us take turns sharing, I would be up for it.
Report Spam   Logged
Angela

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 07:57:11 am »

I have very much enjoyed the study and would love to do another book of the bible.

This is the first time I have read through a book of the bible and studied the scripture slowly. I learned more about myself over this time than ever before.

I may not comment but have been faithful to stick with the reading and checking in with the group forum.

I wander if doing it via email would be better? More direct access to each others comments??

Blessings~ Angela
Report Spam   Logged
RobinM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2009, 08:40:14 pm »

I have been doing my study as well, but have not always had the time to comment.  With practically living at the hospital it is sometimes hard to write.  I do agree with Angela, though, that email would be perhaps more direct.  I also believe that this Bible study is much more important than all the little side track topics that we often like to engage in. 

I have also enjoyed going in to see what prayer needs there have been.

Thanks so much,
Robin Mureiko
Report Spam   Logged
HisBeloved

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 12:01:34 pm »

I would definitely be here for a new study. It helps me to have others to study with, sharing ideas, etc... I love using the forum here, as it give me a place to go where everything is central. I'm not sure I understand what the idea of changing to email is about but if it means more mail to sort everyday, I'd rather keep it as it is.

As far as the pacing, I really enjoy going slower as it makes more manageable or bite-sized pieces to do everyday. I don't wake up feeling overwhelmed about having to read whole chapters before my little one is awake. And with the new baby on the way, I don't think it is going to get any easier. Cheesy

I can't wait to get started again! I missed out on most of the last study due to our computer being broken down but I hope and pray that it will last through the next study. Cheesy

Blessings!
Report Spam   Logged
AmyS

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2009, 09:09:29 am »

I loved doing the 1 John study with everyone.  It was so encouraging to hear what God was speaking to others through His word.  It also was a source of much needed accountability for me.  The past month has been a whirlwind as my family has moved across the country and we are trying to climb out from behind it seems like an endless amount of boxes.  I have so missed my morning time with you gals and I look forward to digging into God's word with you once again!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
Free SMF Hosting - Create your own Forum