5:16 Club
March 29, 2024, 05:38:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

I want to hear from YOU!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I want to hear from YOU!  (Read 2228 times)
MelissaR
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: February 10, 2009, 06:50:58 am »

It's my pleasure to help, Sarah Mae! 

I have loved studying actual scripture together, but I miss the enthusiasm and dialogue that took place in the beginning.  I gleaned so much from others' comments and input, so I haven't enjoyed it as much lately.  Perhaps we stretched things out too long.  Maybe it would be good to take a break and encourage people to pursue some things that God personally lays on their hearts, then resume with a new study in a month or two that doesn't last as long.  That would give us all a chance to get motivated to start together again.  It seems like three to four weeks was about as long as most people could hang on. 

Maybe some kind of plan for using the forum during a break would be helpful... For example, encourage people to share prayer requests on Wednesdays and do something else on a different day of the week?  This would help to get people back into the forum again, knowing that there would be posts to read. 

Another idea for a future study would be to assign different women to start writing threads on different readings (based on volunteering, of course).  If I knew I was supposed to start the conversation on a particular set of verses, I would be motivated to keep reading, and I would love, love to hear what different women had to say about the verses.  I'd be much more excited to log on and read what others have to say each day, even if all they could say was, "Okay girls, this one baffled me... Help!"

I don't know... These are just my ideas, but I'd love to hear what others think!

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
Free SMF Hosting - Create your own Forum