5:16 Club
April 19, 2024, 08:28:49 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

April 1 - Week One - Overview and Details

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: April 1 - Week One - Overview and Details  (Read 1592 times)
sarahmae
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: March 31, 2009, 08:46:08 pm »

It begins!

I am so so so excited to enter the study of the book of Habakkuk with you!  I believe God is going to take us on a deep soul journey.  I feel we have been led to this study, and I can't wait to see where God digs up the old and plants new seeds...seeds of faith, anchoring us in truth.  So, the details...

The forum will work this way:

Thursdays will be discussion days.  The discussion questions will be put up a week ahead of time along with the suggested readings.  If you follow the suggested reading schedule, the study will be six weeks long, taking us to May 14th.  Please feel free to add your own discussion questions!

Fridays will be "pray day."  This is the day that we take all of the prayer requests/praises for the week and really focus on bringing them to the Lord.  Perhaps on these days you will spend your time with God in prayer only.  It is comforting to know that at least one day a week will be intentionally spent on focused prayer for one another.

You are welcome to come and chat on the forum any time you'd like!  The above days are just the focused days of the study.

What do we do this week?

This week we will focus on becoming familiar with the book of Habakkuk (pronounced Hab-i-cook).  2/3 of this book is a conversation between Habakkuk and God on how it seems as though evil triumphs over good and why it seems that God doesn't intervene.  The book is only three chapters long and has only 56 verses, so in my opinion, it is a great place to start when studying Old Testament prophets (that and I really think God wants us to start there)!

Suggested Reading and Discussion Questions for next Thursday:

Read the entire book of Habakkuk once through to get an overview of it. 
Who was the book written to?
When was it written?
What is the setting?  What was going on during this time in history?
Just for fun, what does the name Habakkuk mean?

We will meet back here next Thursday to "talk" about the questions and anything else regarding the book, your time with God, etc.  I know I will be spending each day disecting this book, and I hope you will to!

I also want you to be thinking about a verse you would like to memorize from Habakkuk.

Feel free to add anything, and don't forget to add prayer requests/praises to the prayer request section on the forum!  Happy studying!  Smiley
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 09:04:02 am by sarahmae » Report Spam   Logged

"I don't claim to have found the truth but I know it has found me."  Sara Groves

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

pravda21

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 12:08:55 am »

I am new here...just wondering if this study is still happening.  I would love to jump in even though you have already started!

Report Spam   Logged

Simplicity is the secret to seeing things clearly.  ~ Oswald Chambers
sarahmae
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 08:03:28 am »

Please, jump on it - we have just begun!  In fact, we have our first discussion this Thursday!   Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

"I don't claim to have found the truth but I know it has found me."  Sara Groves
Christin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 01:38:26 pm »

I look forward to it! See you Thursday! Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

~Christin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
Free SMF Hosting - Create your own Forum