5:16 Club
March 28, 2024, 09:58:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Week Two (4/9-4/16) Discussion Questions - Habakkuk 1:1-4

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Week Two (4/9-4/16) Discussion Questions - Habakkuk 1:1-4  (Read 2596 times)
Jacquie

View Profile
« on: April 17, 2009, 08:16:49 am »

I know I am a day late here, but better late than never.  I first want to say to all of you that I love doing this Bible study with you.  Everyone has great feedback and hearts to share. 

I was reminded in the first verse that this oracle or burden that Habakkuk received was a vision.  I am always amazed when reading the Old Testament how often God spoke to His people in visions.  How I wish He would do that for me when I am struggling! 

Habakkuk is asking why does evil seem to go unpunished and why does God not respond to prayer, especially for the sake of justice.  Though through the noted Psalms, we see that we must handle our struggles with continuous prayer, trust in God, and have faith that His truths will set us free from our burdens.  We must praise Him IN ALL THINGS.  Jesus told us to pray and not lose heart - Have faith.  God is a God of justice.

Habakkuk's prophecy began with his attack on Judah's violence and strife and perverted justice in 1:3, 4.  You might expect that when he comes to tell the people how to be saved in the judgment he would say: "Cease being violent!  Do justice!  Put away strife!"  (That's what Amos said.)  But he doesn't.  When the judgment is certain and the question is, "How can I gain my life before the wrath of a holy God?" Habakkuk's answer is trust him. "The just shall live by his faith" (2:4).
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
Free SMF Hosting - Create your own Forum